Guided by a passion for photography and art in general, both entangled with a love for people, my inspiration comes literary from everywhere that surrounds me - from real life events, to each couple I meet and their uniqueness, all the way to fashion and bridal magazines.
Weddings bring me joy, and I am here to capture and unveil each of these amazing stories in the most genuine and organic way possible. I love going above and beyond to ensure the important things (and people) are captured. Whether you love being in front of the camera or dread the thought of it… I strive to make the experience fun with great (and natural looking) photos as the final product. I believe it’s important to give you many candids through-out the day and also traditional photos (like family formals) because nothing makes mama happier than a good ol’ smiling photo. Both styles are important, so this is why choosing photographers like me, make a difference for your wedding photos.
In my downtime, I live for excitement and adventure, I live for the thrill of my everyday life - seeing my kid laugh, sitting down for dinner at dusk with my family, giving my fur baby belly rubs, speeding freely on the highway, working and enjoying every second of it, meeting people whose lives are touched by my images... What I see through my camera is truly unbelievable!
I'm not afraid to live out loud, and at times, rules are optional.
My Approach - Am I Right for You?
My photographic style is not traditional. As a modern Seattle wedding photographer I really dislike cliche wedding photography. Instead I like to tell the story of your wedding day in a down-to-earth, as natural as I can kind of way, capturing all those special moments and all the details that make your wedding personal to you, enabling you to re-live your day again and again. I want to take you back and show you not just what happened, but how you felt too.
If you want someone to set up lots of group shots, or to pose you like models, I can certainly do that. But --- how about we try to make this as fun as we possibly can, and try to capture the action and emotion as it naturally happens?
The couples who choose me tend to be those who want a genuine and relaxed style for their day. They want someone to just blend into the wedding and be part of the day – making you and your guests feel relaxed and at ease. My personable nature helps me fit in well with the day – interacting with your guests to the extent people think I’m just a friend of yours, if it wasn't for my business casual attire. :)
Most of all I love weddings. I think everything about them is brilliant - the atmosphere, the buzz, the emotion. Every single one is different and every single one is a lot of fun. It’s this authentic passion and enthusiasm for your wedding day that is at the heart of my approach. Being there with you is genuinely exciting for me and genuinely an honor. It’s not a job for me – it’s a real passion.
Ten Things (and Counting) You Should Know About Me... And Please Have Your Sense of Humor on You as You Read Below!
1. I fix things all the time... seriously, I always have my hands on my bride and groom, fixing their hair, dress, flowers, suit and tie. Why? Because I hate having to spend countless of hours in post production, so I try to get it right in the camera!
I also rearrange anything that stands in my way for better shots, from tables and couches, to room decor details. I climb on window sills, tables, beds, bathtubs, trees, anywhere as a matter of fact, to get different dynamic angles. I get into funny positions, like lay on the ground belly flat because I know that in the end it is all worth the trouble!
2. I love getting swept into the emotion of the wedding day - First looks, vows and toasts always get to me. Every wedding is different and every wedding is special, I take each one to heart with me. I don't just do a job, I also make it personal because without doing so, the photographs will not have that spice and intimate feel to them.
3. I say funny things - I have to accept the fact that even though I have been an American for 17 years, I still think in my native language sometimes, I can't help it! So when I'm in my zone, I might ask or say something, but mean something totally different. Oh yeah, and I mumble to myself - I'm working on that!
4. I get way too excited while I shoot and see the amazing photos that come out of my camera on the back screen. Don't worry, I will show you a few too...
5. The most exciting moments in my life happen at the last moment, never planned, and usually following some drama.
6. I go out of my way for my couples - I will Uber you, hold your belongings, bring you water, and try my best to make any of your family members feel comfortable in front of my camera.
7. I might rush you if I see that we're running out of time for your perfect photos. I want you to have amazing photos and a diverse portfolio, therefore I will do my best to keep you on track and abide by the wedding day schedule.
8. I may look all serious, but I have a goofy side.
9. I'm addicted to travel and seeing the world. I love food and would try anything once (food that is).
10. I have a disturbing hunger for adventure - I set foot in places where I should not be, and hike miles to chase the perfect sunset.
10 WAYS TO DESCRIBE MY STYLE
Here are a few of my engagement and wedding photos, and a bit about each one to give you a flavor for my style as a Seattle wedding photographer.
1. Candid moments personal to you
2. Up, down and in the thick of it
3. Creative and dynamic
4. Emotions at heart
5. Perfect portraits for your living room wall
6. A wide coverage of everyone at your day (not just you!)
7. Expressions, tears and laughter
8. Photos with those who matter to you
9. I love to work with beautiful light
10. I love to have fun
Last one… I’m with you all your day…
From Me to You!
I can't promise you the moon and all the stars, but I can promise that if you reach out to me, you can count on my support. We will find ways to turn the No's into Yes's, and make the Impossible, Possible. Or at least we will do our Very Best Together!