Want Less Stress? Here’s a Wedding Planning Timeline
Brought to you by Kimberly Mills and Shannon Palmer of the fabulous Seattle wedding planning podcast 'From Ring to Veil'. Jump to their website if you're interested in hearing a podcast to ease the stress that comes with planning a wedding: www.fromringtoveil.com
You can just listen to it below, or just read everything said below.
In this episode Kim and Shannon share their suggested timeline for planning your wedding! Here we go!
- Pick a date range
- Approximate guest list (for the venue options) and tentative bridal party
- Tentative theme and colors, be aware seasons availability of flowers
- Planner or venue first
- If planner, you have options, full service or day of coordination.
- Referrals are best, next is reviews.
- Visit venues to find the perfect one, work around their dates
- Fridays and Sundays often have discounts or are a bit cheaper
- Set your date
- If you are six month out send save the dates if not, wait.
- Set wedding budget- in doing your budget please do some research on what is appropriate for each vendor
- Research vendors IE. photographers, bands, florist, caterers…
- Photographer and videographers and band/DJ, musicians for ceremony need to be hired/booked
- Caterers meet with and booked, bartenders also
- Dress search, designers, bridal shops, resales
- Hotel rooms for guests
- Register!!! Have fun with this but from experience register for all areas not just kitchen and bath.
- Launch wedding websites
- Schedule hair and makeup artist (different from podcast because we heard from a Hair and Makeup artist that this is a better time)
- Set guest list and gather addresses
- Purchase invites
- Start planning the honeymoon
- Bridesmaids dresses
- Send save the dates
- Reserve lighting designer including pipe and drapes
- Book a florist and décor
- Transportation, limos, buses, antique cars…
- Start a day of timeline
- Rehearsal dinner venue
- Verify wedding invitations
- Order your cake(s)
- If you are having a shower, send guest list for the shower to the host/maid of honor who is traditionally the host.
- Wedding shoes and dress fittings
- Choose music: first dance, father daughter, processional and recessional
- Finalize menu and floral
- Order favor if having, s’mores packages, candy bags…
- Make a list of toasters
- Finalize readings
- Purchase bridal lingerie
- Schedule second fitting with your lingerie
- Finalize the timeline for ceremony and the reception
- Finalize catering, create menus as well as programs (your invitation designer may also offer these)
- Purchase wedding rings if need
- Send event schedule to your vendors
- Set final meetings with vendors
- Playlist to band/DJ
- Send out invitations
- If needed send out newspaper wedding announcement
- Plan bachelorette party with maid of honor
- Update RSVP lists
- Marriage license
- Contact rehearsal dinner guest for final count
- Final dress fitting
- Final count to bartenders and caterers and venue
- Final payment to vendors
- Confirm all vendors, time of delivery…
One Month before
- Book spa treatment, nails, facial, waxing
- Break in shoes
- Seating charts, if you are doing them
- Bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts, and bride/groom gift
- Write vows
- Get your hair done, cut and color.
Week of wedding
- Delegate, pick up guest from airport, someone in charge of gifts, rental returns, handing out tips, point of contact person for each vendor
- Pick up dress
- Pack for honeymoon
Happy Wedding Planning, Stay Fabulous!