Classy Fairmont Olympic Hotel Wedding // Lily + Jonathan // Seattle, WA
A Northwest Classy fall wedding at one of the most iconic hotels in Seattle - The Fairmont Olympic Hotel. Lily and Jonathan's vision was to have a big, old-fashioned wedding and it turned out to be a dream come true. The ceremony was held at the majestic Plymouth Church in downtown Seattle, a multigenerational congregation that started its legacy in 1869.
The couple wanted to share this milestone with all the people who supported them, and to give their friends and family, many of whom traveled across the country or world, a fun and meaningful experience. They ended up with a big bridal party, and they included a lot of kids in the ceremony for an element of entertainment and to remind themselves not to take anything too seriously.
Colors were a reddish wine color, forest green and pale pink, along with white. Lily imagined a cozy fall forest full of ferns for inspiration. "Unique" elements included flipping a coin to decide on their shared last name, having Jonathan's dad officiate, the Best Woman on the groom's side, the game of Cornhole in the lobby of the Fairmont and family friends playing the piano, the photo booth, shoe game, and kransekake made by Lily's uncle, and not to forget the after-party in the Garden Room of the Fairmont Olympic Hotel with Dick's burgers. Also, the wedding seemed like the right size, but at 250 guests, they were told that its large size was a tad unusual.
A Huge THANK YOU to all these wonderful people and vendors that made this beautiful Seattle wedding happen!
• WEDDING PLANNING & COORDINATION: Lily :) The couple also had a family friend, Dixie, who is a middle school science teacher, helping with the day-of logistics.
• FLORAL DESIGN: Flora Nova (Christiane Zweifler)
• GROOM’S ATTIRE & ACCESSORIES: Nordstrom and Flora Nova.
• HAIR & MAKEUP: OffWhite
• INVITATIONS / PROGRAMS / SIGNS / ANY OTHER PRINTED MATERIALS: Programs were printed by the church and everything else was printed at Staples. The tables were named after public art in Seattle. Signage was leftover from cousins' weddings and/or provided by the Fairmont.
• CAKE / DESSERTS: Fairmont Olympic Hotel did the cake, Christiane did the flowers on the cake and kransekake, and Richard Albrecht did the kransekake.
• BEVERAGES / BARTENDING: Fairmont Olympic Hotel. Andrew Hoge did all the coordinating on this end and was extremely helpful during the whole process.
• CATERER: Fairmont Olympic Hotel
• FAVORS: Cafe Appassionato, made cute by hand by bride's mother
• MUSICIANS / DJ: DJ Kentron from Sounds Unlimited. He is the best!
• OFFICIANT: Kelle Brown of Plymouth Congregational Church; groom's father Charles Bowdler from Mississippi.
• ANY OTHER VENDORS THAT NEED RECOGNITION: Dick's Drive-in for making the after-party a huge hit; Spa Hop in Belltown for wedding party mani/pedis earlier in the week. The Snap Bar did the photo booth. Vanessa Villalobos at Balorico did the dance instruction for bride&groom first dance and father-daughter dance.