Green Gates at Flowing Lake Wedding // Alissa + Dan
Sunday weddings seem to be a thing this year, although I had plenty of Saturday weddings throughout the season. Alissa and Dan's wedding took place in Snohomish, Washington at Green Gates at Flowing Lake, a historic Snohomish wedding venue with lots of greenery, a beautiful barn - former covered riding arena that was turned into the ballroom reception area, a bridal cottage that used to be a 3-horse barn, a groom's cabin, now a beautiful gazebo and an amazing wedding lawn that had a sweeping view of the sparkling lake with the Cascade Mountains surrounding it.
One of the special moments of the wedding day when I started tearing up while I was photographing, happened when Alissa read her vows to Kyan, Dan's 8 year old daughter, who she calls "Bella". After everyone left the hotel on their way to the venue, the two ladies spent a few minutes by the water, where Alissa read Kyan her promise that no matter what, she will always come first, and that Alissa will love her and support her in her new role as a step-mom into the future. Oh yeah, I couldn't hold my tears back... that was truly special!
As a Seattle wedding photographer, Green Gates of Flowing Lake was a dream to photograph. Of course, having Alissa and Dan in my life, and being able to capture their beautiful love, helped with my excitement and made me enjoy every second spent with them, their families and their friends.
For a September outdoor wedding, the weather was fantastic, but they came prepared with these cute fans that kept their guests entertained while waiting, having written some fun facts about the two of them. I wanted to share them with you - so here they are below, because everyone's story is different, and it's so much fun to find out how people meet and what they love about each other! :D
1) Alissa and Dan met outside Centurylink field on August 31, 2012 - and I remember Alissa telling me she told Dan he was "hot" when they walked passed each other :))
2) Their first date was as the Crocodile on September 7th, 2012
3) Dan popped the question on August 13th, 2016 in Victoria, BC
4) Their honeymoon had just ended - they went to Barbados to spend their time scuba diving and working on their tan
5) They both refuse to watch scary movies
6) They are house divided: Alissa is a die hard San Francisco 49ers fan, while Dan is a long time Seahawks fan. They come together for baseball season, Go Mariners and college football, Go Dawgs!
Enjoy their gallery! Super cute and cool people!! Love them tons!! :D
TEAM that made it happen:
Photography: Adina Preston Weddings; Second Photographer: Jared Ribic;
Photobooth: Jared Ribic // Identity Chrisis (email firstname.lastname@example.org for information for bookings)
Coordinator: Love Bug Weddings & Events // Catering: Twelve Baskets Catering // Wedding Cake: Rylie Cakes // Floral Decor: Flowers by Tiffany // Rentals (linens and such): Sweet Buffet Lady // Limo Transportation: British Motor Coach